Wednesday 5 March 2014

Homework- The Balloon Debate- For Friday


Your aim is to win over your audience. You have to imagine that you are all flying in a hot-air balloon over a bubbling hot volcano, and you are all sinking. Someone must be thrown out, so you all don't fall in to the volcano and die!

Your presentation will only be no more than a minute. Please do not tell anyone who you are, as it will make it more interesting on Friday.

Tonight- find out all the information about why your character is important and why they shouldn't be thrown out of the balloon. 

Eg: what did they invent, how did they make the world a better place, how are they still important now...

Thursday- Pick 1/2 characters from the list (which will appear tomorrow), and suggest reasons why they should be thrown out instead. 

You can write your script down on little pieces of paper/card and you have to use excellent persuasive language so you don't get thrown out!. Good luck!!



3 comments:

  1. Why should I stay on the hot air balloon and not jump down into the volcano.


    I shouldn’t jump into the fiery volcano because I’m very in depended, brave and I won’t get scared if I’m left on my very own. I will also build a powerful and trained army of strong soldiers that will defend us if we get attacked by someone if we land on a wild island. If we get stuck on some jungle-island far from land and our hot air balloon has crashed into tiny pieces, I will be able to build a strong, safe ship to sale us to land for I have won many battles at sea. Even if we don’t manage to get home I will make a comfortable place for us to live until we get rescued. So don't make me jump down into the volcano.
    From Queen Elizabeth 1st

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amina you don't write it on blog

      Delete
    2. I know ı dıdnit mean ıt

      Delete